Reflexology is the technique of applying gentle pressure to reflex areas on the feet, to stimulate the body’s own healing process and bring about a state of deep relaxation.
The theory of Reflexology is that all organs, nerves, glands, and parts of the body are connected to reflex areas or points on both the feet and hands.
When these areas are stimulated, it sends a signal through the nervous system to the brain, to regulate and improve the function of internal organs.
As a holistic therapy, foot reflexology works by targeting a body as a whole. Its aim is to get to root causes of disease, not only to treat underlying symptoms.
- It is well known that approximately 75% of all health conditions or diseases are a result of an imbalance in nervous systems which creates stressful tension.
- Reflex point treatments aim to improve nerve and blood supply thereby helping our bodies to normalize its functions.
- Did you know that there are over 7200 nerve endings in the feet? Stimulating those nerve endings can produce positive pain relief, effective in corresponding zones throughout an entire body.
Pressing specific reflex points in feet, hands, or in our head, may initiate a release of stagnant energy built up in organs or glands of our body systems.
It is a natural way of activating a body’s nervous system, circulatory system, organs as well as glands.
It may also assist with hormone regulation to encourage our body’s self-healing abilities.
Overall it produces vibrant energy (chi or qi) as well as a healthy blood flow which promotes a balance in vital organs.
- Improved Circulation
- Stress Release
- Better sleep quality
- Improved Digestion
- Increases Energy & Vitality
- Immune System Booster
- Feeling Light (On a cloud)
- Improves Skin Conditions
- Feeling Clear Minded (Ability to Focus and Concentrate Better)
- Produces Balanced Calm State of Mind (Feeling Positive and Optimistic About Life)
Given the correct conditions, Reflexology aims to bring the body back towards normal function, helping to alleviate a number of health problems in a safe and relaxing way.
The number of treatment sessions required will vary depending on the condition being treated, but we can discuss that prior to any treatment plan being devised.
This is part of a quote from one of my reflexology clients “After another wasted trip to the Dr’s I decided to give reflexology a try seen as conventional medicine was being no help to me. A quick trawl on the internet helped me find Yvonne, from the first session with Yvonne the change in my body amazed me. ” Have a look here to see what it’s like to work with me….. Testimonials