People often ask me, “What is Reiki?”
- a healing system that channels universal life-force energy:This system was originally developed byMikao Usui in the early 1900s in Japan.
- The name of the energy itself: Reimeans spiritual wisdom, and ki means energy, so Reiki means spiritual energy.
- Reiki is available to everyone. Anyone of any age or illness level can receive Reiki.
- Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by the “laying on of hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us.
Any problem involving body, mind or spirit can benefit from a Reikitreatment.
In short, Reiki gives you what you need, whether it’s a release of tension or an energy boost, or both. To help you more fully understand what Reiki gives you, here are some terms used to describe Reiki:
- Gentle: Reiki’s touch is soft and light.
- Harmless: Reiki can have only positive results.
- Natural: You don’t need any equipment or tools.
- Healing: The highest level of healing is the goal of Reiki.
- Balancing: Reiki can balance your energy levels.
- Relaxing: The best reason to try Reiki is for deep relaxation.
Reiki can have a positive impact upon all illnesses and negative conditions and is used in many hospitals and hospices.
It is a powerful, yet gentle, form of energy healing. Being used for thousands of years in eastern culture.
Reiki is not a religion. There is nothing that one must believe in to either give or receive Reiki.
The effect of receiving a Reiki treatment is that we can feel that our energy increase and we return to ‘self’ and begin to heal.